|Friday, July 17th, 2009|
Take it slow
There's a new font being proposed
. It's so different and hi-techy I would like input on your thoughts of me including it in 0.9.0.
I'm also going blue blue blue and switching the logo with a cuter one.
There's also that 'do 5 player models' thing also. I can't do this alone
OA is now 346mb.
|Saturday, November 29th, 2008|
Do I even write to this blog anymore?
I'm thinking about doing a new site, 3 columns
OA 0.8.1 has been out since. It has a legacy client and much more improved feel now. I hope it is good for those on 0.7.1.
0.9.0 won't be released until all missing textures are replaced.
|Monday, March 3rd, 2008|
since no one really answered my SOS call, i'm this close:
to closing the openarena project forever. There has been no outside contributions for more than 3 months.
The forums are disabled.
|Monday, February 18th, 2008|
just so you are aware, part deux
After the whole server situation there's still troubles like I can't commit to SVN right now. Also i'm planning to attic the following:( Read more...Collapse )
p.s. the oa team is not big, don't be fooled by all that media and a complete game. We're looking for blender-proficient artists that can animate, artists that can skin (from scratch mind you, not using non-free textures) and also looking for tracker musicians willing to utilize only freepats samples. Strict I know, but it's better safe than sorry. We're not desperate enough to accept non-Free material and thieves ( Read more...Collapse )
UPDATE: Now one of the other domains for the hosting are down so I'm unable to upload any files for the time being.
|Thursday, January 17th, 2008|
just so you are aware
i am aware the site is down at the moment due to server moves
i am also aware i have not done a thing for oa in months
i am also aware that the project is NOT DEFINITELY NOT DEAD it's just in some lazy phase still
p.s. the pace will pick up with Free contributions :)
|Wednesday, December 12th, 2007|
i've cut out the suspiciously non-Free music out of OpenArena. Why?
- No editable sources
- No real GPL license
- Not tracker format
- Legally questionable samples (they certainly aren't freepats)
OA is now 253mb.
Missionpack is now 3.7mb.
|Wednesday, October 31st, 2007|
|Monday, August 13th, 2007|
|Thursday, June 28th, 2007|
- we're up to 12 player models now
- some more music
- all quake dm levels are converted (yes even dm7)
OA is now 220mb.
we'll release soon
|Monday, April 23rd, 2007|
|Sunday, April 1st, 2007|
- We've switched to an anime style, read this
- other stuff
OA is now 825mb.
|Friday, February 2nd, 2007|
- Grism reanimated. He moves alot less sucky ingame now.
- Grism reskinned by enki. He looks alot less sucky ingame now.
- dmn_clown is having a gothic texture producing spree
OA is now 94.8mb.
|Sunday, January 14th, 2007|
- Map: oa_bases5 !!! YES OA_BASES5 not 3!!! It's a new base ctf map i whipped up in a few hours, and it's a bit more 1997-style (a homage to both Blood and Team Fortress)
- MilesTeg did something about my silly misaligned fonts, plus there's a readable replacement of the header font (at the top of the screens and such)
- You can now stand on the spinning fan in FAN but there's still a crash related to the fan :\
OA is now at 92.8mb.
|Sunday, January 7th, 2007|
- Merman is in. Very WIP though (no teamskins and incomplete animations)
- Fan DM map is in, though it crashes sometimes (I gotta figure out why)
- Czestmyr's monastery map (czestdm1) is also now in. Very neat :)
- Psymong contributed 3 music tracks and they're all in. Only a couple of maps use them though
OA is now at 87mb.
|Tuesday, January 2nd, 2007|
|Sunday, December 31st, 2006|
|Sunday, December 24th, 2006|
dmn_clown did these things:
- made oa_bases3 suck less and play fair
- made oa_ctf2, a smaller void ctf map with red lighting
- updated botfiles
- new textures (in textures/clown)
- some experimental skyrooms stuff
- some liquid shaders
- ported SavageX's hydronex CTF level (still not done yet, lighting is a bit fubar)
- Ylle made the missing "Model" button graphic!
|Monday, December 4th, 2006|
dmn_clown made the bots less stupid on dm4ish, and jackoverfull compiled an Mac OS X port :)
|Saturday, December 2nd, 2006|
The house of.......
Classic E1M7 (ce1m7) is now in.
Thanks to Ed on Alientrap forums to convert it to Nexuiz and the Q3 format.
Currently there's a vely weird bug involving the teleporter.